Mold is a common household problem that often goes undetected until it’s too late. It grows in damp, humid environments and spreads quickly, causing damage to your home and posing a serious health risk to you and your family. As much as it is unpleasant to consider, it is essential to know the hidden dangers of mold and how you can protect yourself and your home in Sedgwick, Kansas.
UNDERSTANDING THE HEALTH DANGERS OF MOLD EXPOSURE
Mold exposure can cause a range of health problems, from mild to severe. The severity of the symptoms depends on the type of mold and the length of exposure. Some people in Sedgwick, Kansas, are more sensitive to mold than others and may experience symptoms even with short-term exposure. Common symptoms of mold exposure include:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Coughing and postnasal drip
- Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
- Watery eyes
- Wheezing and difficulty breathing
- Skin irritation
In some cases, mold exposure can cause more severe health problems, such as:
- Asthma attacks – For people with asthma, exposure to mold can trigger asthma attacks. The inhalation of mold spores can cause the airways to become inflamed, leading to wheezing, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
- Allergic reactions – Mold can trigger allergic reactions in some people, causing symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes. Allergic reactions to mold can be severe in some cases, leading to difficulty breathing and wheezing.
- Fungal infections – Exposure to certain types of mold can lead to fungal infections in some people. These infections can be severe and may require medical treatment to resolve.
- Neurological symptoms – In some cases mold exposure can cause neurological symptoms such as headaches, memory loss, and mood changes. These symptoms can be long-lasting and may require medical attention.
UNDERSTANDING THE DANGERS MOLD CAN HAVE ON A HOME
When mold is present in a home, it can cause significant structural damage if it is left untreated in Sedgwick, Kansas. If this problem goes unchecked, mold can grow and eventually cause damage to the building’s structure, which may lead to a range of costly repairs. Mold can infest areas of a home that are constantly damp, such as bathrooms, basements, or attics, and can also grow in materials like sheetrock. The growth of mold can cause the materials to weaken, and in some cases, compromise the structural integrity of the building. If left untreated, structural damage from mold can lead to more serious issues, such as electrical damage or appliance damage. Therefore, when mold is suspected in a home, it is essential to address the issue right away to prevent any potential structural damage.
PROFESSIONAL MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICES
Removing mold from your home in Sedgwick, Kansas, can be a difficult and dangerous task. It’s essential to hire a professional mold removal service to ensure that the mold is removed safely and effectively. A professional mold removal service will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of your home to identify the source of the mold and the extent of the damage
- Isolate the affected area to prevent the spread of mold spores
- Remove the mold using specialized equipment and techniques
- Disinfect and deodorize the affected area to prevent future mold growth
Preventing mold from growing in your home in Sedgwick, Kansas, is the best way to protect yourself and your family from the dangers of mold exposure. But if you suspect that you have mold in your home, it’s essential to have it tested and removed. With the right precautions and professional help from FreshCo, you can protect your health and your home from the hidden dangers of mold.
“They are as good of a business as I’ve ever dealt with – home services or otherwise. Extraordinarily good communication throughout and a perfect job with a complicated situation. Could not recommend more.”
— CHRISTOPHER J. IN WICHITA, KANSAS