We all love our pets, but when it comes to pets, dander and hair can often be a source of frustration. Pet dander and hair can accumulate quickly in your home in Park City, Kansas, leading to health risks and even allergic reactions. But before buying stock in lint rollers, let’s discuss some tips on how to effectively reduce the pet dander and hair.
WHAT IS PET DANDER AND HAIR?
Pet dander and hair are tiny particles of skin and fur shed by animals. Pet dander and hair are especially problematic for people who suffer from allergies or asthma. The particles are small enough to be inhaled and can trigger allergic symptoms. Additionally, pet dander and hair can accumulate on surfaces and attract dust, making it difficult to keep your home clean in Park City, Kansas.
THE HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PET DANDER AND HAIR
The health risks associated with pet dander and hair are not to be taken lightly. If you or someone in your household in Park City, Kansas, suffer from allergies or asthma, pet dander and hair can trigger a range of symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and irritated eyes. In extreme cases, pet dander and hair can even lead to an asthma attack.
HOW TO PREVENT PET DANDER AND HAIR FROM ACCUMULATING IN YOUR HOME
The best way to reduce the risk of health problems associated with pet dander and hair is to prevent them from accumulating in your home in the first place. Here are some tips to help you keep pet dander and hair at bay:
- Regularly bathe and groom your pet: Regular bathing and grooming helps to reduce the amount of pet dander and hair in your home.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming regularly helps to remove pet dander and hair from carpets, rugs, and upholstered furniture.
- Change your pet’s bedding often: Changing your pet’s bedding on a regular basis can help to reduce the amount of pet dander and hair in your home.
- Keep your pet out of bedrooms: Keeping your pet out of bedrooms can help to reduce the amount of pet dander and hair in those areas.
- Use air purifiers: Air purifiers can help to reduce the amount of pet dander and hair in your home by trapping the particles in their filters.
- Air duct cleaning: It is usually recommended that air duct cleaning be done at least every two years if you have pets, but may even be recommended sooner given the amount of pets and shedding habits.
THE BENEFITS OF AIR DUCT CLEANING
Pet dander and other pet allergens can actually linger in the air for a longer time than other allergens which contributes to its accumulation in the air ducts. Air duct cleaning helps to remove not just pet dander and hair, but dust and other allergens, from the air ducts that may have accumulated. This will help to drastically reduce the amount of allergens in your home in Park City, Kansas. Additionally, air duct cleaning can help to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system, as well as reduce the risk of fire and other hazards.
If pet dander and hair have become a source of frustration, don’t hesitate to contact us here at FreshCo to schedule an appointment and we can get started helping you dramatically improve the air quality in your home and reduce potential health risks through our professional air duct and house cleaning services.
“FreshCo was amazing! We had a pipe break during the cold phase. It was on Christmas Eve. They came out with their equipment and was able to get water up and get it dry. We were so worried about them missing out on their own family gatherings. They were so nice about it was okay this was important. Then they called to check on us on Christmas Day. What companies do that? They price was reasonable and we felt cared for. We appreciate them and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you FreshCo. I love small family businesses that have what it takes to serve with integrity”
— DAWN B. IN MULVANE, KANSAS